Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hot Cocoa from Scratch

I was thinking today was a good day for cocoa... being March and it snowing and all. So I pulled down my baking supplies because we were out of the crazy spendy Organic Hot Chocolate we usually buy, and I decided to make up a recipe for hot cocoa from bakers chocolate.

Bakers Hot Cocoa

4 cups whole milk
2 squares simisweet bakers chocolate (I am sure you can use chocolate chips as well for this bit... just use 1/3 cup)
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tea vanilla
1/2 tea cinnamon

Put all ingredients into a small sauce pan and heat, but do not boil. As it cools there will be some chocolate 'scum' as my daughter calls it on the top of your cocoa cup, but it is just chocolate and it tasted wonderful as well. The joy of the lack of soy emusifiers.

It turned out VERY good!

No comments: